System Administrator/Network Analyst
We currently have a fulltime position available for a System Administrator/Network Analyst in our Information Technology department. The position will report to the CNI Manager and is responsible for providing hardware and software support to end users, with the objective of achieving 100% availability and security of system operation. We are looking for someone with a high say-do ratio as we measure our success not on our plans but on our ability to successfully execute and deliver value for the business. More specifically:
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides the highest standard of IT support and operation services, attuned to the needs of business, and backed by a commitment to customer service
- Manage and maintain operation of a foundational suite of security and risk management technologies and processes
- Contribute to the development of risk and security business plans, processes and standards to protect against and respond to emerging threats
- Analyze, troubleshoot, and deliver Microsoft cloud solutions on Azure and Office 365 platforms
- Manage and maintain Microsoft 365 features and functionality (Microsoft 365 Teams, SharePoint, Power BI, Planner, Forms, Groups, PowerApps, etc.)
- Service health monitoring using Remote Management Monitoring tools, leading incident response and troubleshooting efforts; ensuring Root Cause Analysis is provided to management and logging of all incidents and problems for continuous improvement efforts
- Analyzes problem trends and gathers requirements from the business to assist in the continual improvement of the IT services
- Systems administration (Windows/Apple) in a domain environment
- Maintain and support existing software and hardware
- Setup and management of workstations, servers, and network appliances
- Implement security measures including antivirus, group security policy, firewall policy, endpoint protection, vulnerability management and patch management.
- Update and participate in testing of DRP (Disaster Recovery Plan) on an ongoing basis.
- Participate in meetings with the IT department to discuss progress and issues to be resolved, and report progress as necessary to management including supporting the generation of the weekly IT dashboard
- Research, design, and/or implementation of appropriate technologies to support and/or improve corporate communications, access to information, and end-user productivity
- Develop and maintain successful and professional internal working relationships with all software development department and end-users
- Develop and provide IT training to staff on an on-going basis
- Be available on-call on a weekly rotational basis
- Other duties as required
Prior experience and qualifications of interest include:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computing Science, or two year diploma, or equivalent
- Minimum 5-7 years’ experience in IT Operations and Tier 2-3 support
- Demonstrated knowledge of security fundamentals and best practices
- Experience with virtualization technologies such as Hyper-V and Nutanix and cloud based technologies such as Azure and AWS
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Innovative, forward thinker able to manage multiple priorities
- Strong customer service skills and the ability to build and maintain relationships across the organization
- Commitment to continuous improvement
Working at Peace Hills
Peace Hills understands that by reducing work-life struggles, individuals can enjoy a healthier lifestyle while improving productivity at work. Providing a collegial work environment and a work life balance are just two of the ways we do this.
If you are interested in this great opportunity to build a career, submit your resume to Peace Hills Insurance at firstname.lastname@example.org. This posted will remain active until a suitable candidate is found.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates shortlisted will be contacted.
Application Deadline: October 25, 2021