IT Security Analyst
As part of the Computer, Networks and Infrastructure (CNI) team, the IT Security Analyst will be responsible for the design, implementation, management, and continuous improvement of our cyber security defenses. You will accomplish this through the management and refinement of security control measures and by following industry best practices. You will also be responsible for keeping on top of the ever-evolving threat landscape while staying current with leading edge countermeasures.
This may be the role for you if you are:
- someone with a high say-do ratio as we measure our success not on our plans but on our ability to successfully execute and deliver value for the business;
- motivated to hunt for cyber threat;
- passionate about securing and protecting people, assets and data;
- motivated to stay on top of the fast moving world of cyber security;
- constantly learning about the newest technologies and best practices;
- continuously looking for your next certification (and able to translate that into value for the business);
- team player who has a desire to learn and grow in their career and help others do the same.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead the development of a Cybersecurity Incident Response Plan
- Act as the primary escalatory for the Cybersecurity Incident Response Plan
- Be available 24/7 for high severity incidents
- Deploy and administer intrusion detection/prevention systems, firewalls, network devices and various security related systems.
- Maintain and monitor sensors and data sources to ensure all security events are being logged, monitored, correlated, and escalated to the appropriate parties.
- Perform vulnerability testing, risk analyses and security assessments.
- Work closely with the business, the software development team and the CNI team to provide guidance on best practices and implement solutions to maintain compliance with best practices and regulatory requirements
- Investigate security breaches and other cyber security incidents.
- Support Cybersecurity risk mitigation efforts primarily through processes established to safeguard information assets.
- Remediate detected vulnerabilities to maintain a high-security standard.
- Develop company-wide best practices for IT security.
- Develop and lead cybersecurity awareness and training exercises for staff
- Work with project teams to advise on and ensure security best practices are incorporated throughout the project lifecycle.
- Advise on Cybersecurity policies, industry standards, best practices, and strategies.
- Assess and ensure vendors are compliant with organizational data protection policies and practices
- Research security enhancements and make recommendations to management.
- Stay on top of information technology trends and security standards.
- Perform regular reporting to assess the organizations overall security posture.
- Develop and maintain successful and professional internal working relationships with all software development department and end-users
- Other duties as required.
- BA or BS Degree in Information Security, Cyber Security, Computer Science or commensurate experience
- Experience with PCI DSS Compliancy
- Experience using application and infrastructure penetration testing tools
- 2+ years in securing and monitoring Azure
- 5-7 years in network or cyber security (preferred)
- Strong analytical abilities, with ability to identify problems and determine, implement solutions
- Self-motivated with the ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, and manage changing priorities.
- Flexibility. Work both independently and in a team environment, in a high-pressure environment with changing priorities.
- Provide mentoring and training to team.
- Excellent English oral and written communication skills.
- High degree of resourcefulness, flexibility, and adaptability
Working at Peace Hills
Peace Hills understands that by reducing work-life struggles, individuals can enjoy a healthier lifestyle while improving productivity at work. Providing a collegial work environment and an exceptional work/life balance are just two of the ways we do this.
If you are interested in this great opportunity to build your career, state the position being applied for and submit your resume to Peace Hills Insurance at email@example.com
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those candidates shortlisted will be contacted.
Application Deadline: September 29, 2021