We currently have a position available for an intermediate to senior level Application Developer in our Information Technology department. Reporting to the Software Development Manager and working within a dynamic team of IT development professionals, this role is responsible for the support and development of various applications at Peace Hills. This role will mostly be engaged e accounting systems range from custom developed apps, to support and configuration for off the shelf software. More specifically:
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop new applications and interface modules in C#/Transact-SQL
- Identify opportunities that can improve efficiency of business processes
- Investigate and resolve application functionality related issues and provide first level support and troubleshooting of legacy systems
- Troubleshoot technical issues and identify modifications needed in existing applications to meet changing user requirements
- Provide assistance and advice to business users in the effective use of applications and information technology
- Write and/or maintain technical procedures and documentation for the applications including operations, user guide, etc.
- Produce technical documentation for new and existing applications
- B.Sc in Computing Science, or Technical Diploma Specializing in Programming, or equivalent
- 1 to 5+ years of development focused on .Net or Transact-SQL programming. Strong new graduates will be considered.
- Solid experience using Microsoft SQL Server and related query tools.
- Solid experience developing reports using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) or Crystal Reports;
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Self-motivated with the ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, and manage changing priorities.
- Proven ability to be flexible and work hard, both independently and in a team environment, in a high pressure environment with changing priorities.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Results oriented individual who thrives working in a fast paced environment.
- Previous experience in insurance or financial industry is an asset.
- Accounting software experience
- Experience with ASP.Net, ASP Web API or other Web Development toolkits are a nice to have.
- Microsoft Developer or Solution Architect certification, or other development certifications
Working at Peace Hills
Along with a competitive base pay, Peace Hills understands that by reducing work-life struggles, individuals can enjoy a healthier lifestyle while improving productivity at work. A collegial work environment and a work-life balance are just two of the ways we do this.
If you are interested in this great opportunity, submit your resume to Peace Hills Insurance to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates shortlisted will be contacted.
Application Deadline: February 04, 2022