Accounting Clerk (9 Month Contract)
We currently have a temporary position available for an Accounting Clerk in our Accounting Department. The duration of this role will be nine months. Reporting to the Billing Supervisor, in conjunction with the Controller, the successful candidate will contribute to the achievement of a professional and efficient business.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Timely processing of accounts payables, including verification and posting of payments, and running reports to manage payables.
- Timely processing of accounts payable, including the entry of invoices and processing of payments
- Reconcile daily deposits.
- Resolve issues and answer questions from internal and external customers.
- Maintain abeyances and ensure timely and effective follow-ups.
- Liaise with Underwriters regarding receipt of payments.
- Transfer balances between terms and other payment plans.
- Assisting in the creation of monthly commission payments.
- Complete various administrative tasks and provide assistance in various areas as needed, such as occasional switchboard relief, backing up others in the team, and filing.
- Answer phone calls from customers, brokers and other departments to address a variety of billing matters.
- Deliver exceptional customer service in upholding our service standards and our commitment to continuous improvement.
- High school diploma is required, relevant post-secondary education is desirable.
- Previous experience in Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable, working with computer-based A/R and A/P systems.
- Effective problem-solving skills and math skills.
- Strong data entry skills.
- Possess a pleasant telephone manner and solid communication skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail including a high degree of numerical accuracy.
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft excel the ability to learn new computing software quickly.
- Demonstrated ability to provide exceptional customer service to both internal and external customers.
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively within a diverse team.
- Professional, efficient, and proactive with time-management and organizational skills.
- Flexible and adaptable; able to work in an environment of shifting priorities and pressures.
- Knowledge of the insurance industry would be an asset.
Working at Peace Hills
Peace Hills understands that by reducing work-life struggles, individuals can enjoy a healthier lifestyle while improving productivity at work. One of the ways we do this is by offering a compressed work week which allows for a day off every four weeks.
If you are interested in this great opportunity to build your career, state the position being applied for and submit your resume to Peace Hills Insurance at email@example.com.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates shortlisted will be contacted.
Application Deadline: February 01, 2022